Men’s Tennis Falls to SUNY Oswego
April 2, 2012
Sophomore Justin Fries (Marion, NY/Marion) posted a convincing, straight sets win at first singles, but Keuka College’s men’s tennis team dropped a non-conference clash vs. SUNY Oswego Monday afternoon.
Fries posted a 6-4, 6-1 win over Oswego’s Ben Weiss at first singles, but the Storm (0-2) lost all three doubles matches and the remaining five singles matches against the Lakers (1-3).
Among the contests, Fries and sophomore Christian Kissel (East Rochester, NY/East Rochester) suffered a 9-8 setback at first doubles, dropping the match in a tiebreaker by an 8-6 score.
Keuka returns to action with its home opener, a 4 p.m. non-conference clash with the University of Pitt-Bradford Thursday afternoon.
1. Justin Fries (KEUKA) def. Ben Weiss (OSW) 6-4, 6-1
2. Sam Moores (OSW) def. Christian Kissel (KEUKA) 6-2, 6-0
3. Tim Van Hine, Jr. (OSW) def. Kyle Stephens (KEUKA) 6-3, 6-0
4. D.J. Esposito-Kelley (OSW) def. Dan Stephens (KEUKA) 6-3, 6-0
5. Ben Schleider (OSW) def. Chenchao Li (KEUKA) 6-1, 6-0
6. Max McCune (OSW) def. Kyle Rivera (KEUKA) 6-1, 7-5
1. McCune/Brian Tosti (OSW) def. Fries/Kissel (KEUKA) 9-8 (6)
2. Van Hine, Jr./Esposito-Kelley (OSW) def. D. Stephens/K. Stephens (KEUKA) 8-3
3. Weiss/Schleider (OSW) def. Li/Rivera (KEUKA) 8-5