2012 Stormwatchers Brochure
Keuka College Stormwatchers memberships generate support for all of our intercollegiate athletic teams.
Keuka College’s student-athletes continue to raise the bar for success, both on the playing fields and in the classroom as the Storm has become consistent contenders in both the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) and the NCAA tournament.
*During the 2011-12 school year, Keuka captured NEAC postseason championships in women’s basketball, men’s lacrosse and softball.
*Softball squad won its sixth straight conference championship, women’s basketball won its second straight and sixth in the last eight years while men’s lacrosse successfully defended its postseason title.
*Showing a penchant for offering its student-athletes as diverse a collegiate experience as possible, Keuka continues to expand the number of intercollegiate sports it offers on campus. In the fall of 2011, the Storm added a competitive women’s golf program, and beginning in the winter of 2012, Keuka will field its first-ever men’s volleyball squad, giving Keuka eight men’s and eight women’s athletic teams.
*In the classroom, 53 Keuka student-athletes maintained a cumulative grade-point average of 3.4 or higher during both the fall and spring semesters to garner NEAC scholar-athlete honors, the second-highest total in the conference.
You can help support the Storm’s athletic squads and student-athletes by joining Stormwatchers, the official booster club of Keuka College’s 16 sports teams. The club’s primary mission is to generate support for Keuka’s intercollegiate offerings through financial support, promoting community awareness and encouraging fans to come out and support the Green and Gold.
How Your Gift Helps
In recent years, the Stormwatchers booster club has:
- Funded the construction of the Lyle P. Corey Press Box at the soccer/lacrosse field at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex;
- Established and supported the Keuka College Athletics Hall of Fame, which honors the best of best student-athletes from past Storm squads. This year, Jim Crowley (1993), ESPN’s reigning Division I Women’s Basketball Coach of the Year and a four-year letterman on the men’s basketball team, will be inducted along with talented synchronized swimmer Jessica Trainer (2002);
- Fund the construction and upkeep of the assorted playing fields at the Jephson Complex;
- Purchased equipment, uniforms and banners for the College’s sports teams; and
- Helped fund both spring training trips and special skills camps for the Storm.
Recurring Gift Program
Recurring giving enables you to consistently support Keuka’s student-athletes through your credit card or bank account. Recurring giving is a win-win proposition for all involved, as enrollment in the program eliminates the need for writing and sending separate checks while the College receives an on-going, reliable source of funding for these important projects.
For more information on the recurring gift program, call (315) 279-5262